IonEarth LLC ("IonEarth") recognizes that the trust of our customers and Web visitors requires
vigilant, responsible privacy protections.
* We respect and protect the privacy of our customers. As a provider of telecommunications and related services and products we recognize that we must maintain the confidentiality of every customer's telephone calling and other account information.
* We also respect and protect the privacy of our Web visitors. The expansion of online services and changing technologies continues to create unique privacy concerns and we recognize the need to maintain the confidentiality of information that Web visitors reasonably expect to remain private.
* We have a long history of vigorously protecting customer and web visitor privacy. Our customers and web visitors expect, deserve and receive nothing less than our fullest commitment to their privacy. We also have an obligation to assist law enforcement and other government agencies responsible for protecting the public welfare, whether it be an individual or the security interests of the entire nation. If and when we are asked to help, we do so strictly within the law and under the most stringent conditions.
* This policy identifies the types of data and information we collect, how we use it, how you can control its use and the steps we take to protect it. The primary focus of this policy is non-public information that identifies or that is linked to the identity of a customer or Web visitor ("personal identifying information").
* In this policy, IonEarth means IonEarth LLC and its subsidiary and affiliated entities.
* When you sign up for certain IonEarth-offered services, you may agree to additional privacy policies that address service-specific privacy practices.
* We collect personal identifying information regarding our customers, including information
customers give us, information collected as a result of the customer's relationship with us and
information we obtain from other sources. Examples include name; address; e-mail address;
telephone number; billing, payment, usage, credit and transaction information (including credit
card numbers, account numbers and/or social security number); and demographic information.
* We also collect personal identifying information that our Web visitors choose to provide to us (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) when registering on our Web sites; ordering IonEarth-offered products or services; sending us e-mail; responding to our surveys; or in connection with online ordering or billing functions.
* We use the personal identifying information of a customer to provide, confirm, change, bill, monitor and resolve problems with the quality of IonEarth-offered products and services. We also use the personal identifying information of a customer or Web visitor to develop, market and sell our products and services.
* We may aggregate the personal identifying information of different customers or Web visitors to produce data about a group or category of services, customers or Web visitors.
* We do not provide personal identifying information to third parties for the marketing of their products and services without your consent.
* We may provide personal identifying information to third parties where required to provide certain IonEarth-offered products and services.
* We may also provide personal identifying information to third parties who perform functions or services on our behalf.
* When we provide such personal identifying information to third parties to perform such functions or services on our behalf, we require that they protect personal identifying information consistent with this policy and do not allow them to use such information for other purposes.
* We may, where permitted or required by law, provide personal identifying information to third parties (including credit bureaus or collection agencies) without your consent:
* To obtain payment for IonEarth-offered products and services, enforce or apply our customer agreements, and/or protect our rights or property.
* To comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requirements. * To prevent unlawful use of communications or other services, to assist in repairing network outages, and when a emergency call is made from a customer phone.
* To notify a responsible governmental entity if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires or justifies disclosure without delay.
* A customer's name and telephone number may also be transmitted and displayed on a Caller ID device unless the customer has elected to block such information.
* In the normal course of providing telecommunications services to our customers, we collect and maintain certain customer proprietary network information, also known as "CPNI". Your CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you currently purchase, how you use them and related billing information for those services. Your telephone number, name and address are not CPNI.
* Protecting the confidentiality of your CPNI is your right and our duty under federal law. We do not sell, trade or share your CPNI — including your calling records — with anyone outside of the IonEarth or with anyone not authorized to represent us to offer our products or services, or to perform functions on our behalf except as may be required by law or authorized by you.
* As a general rule, we are permitted to use CPNI in our provision of telecommunications services you purchase, including billing and collections for those services. We are permitted to use or disclose CPNI to offer telecommunications services of the same type that you already purchase from us. We may also use or disclose your CPNI for legal or regulatory reasons such as a court order, to investigate fraud or to protect against the unlawful use of our telecommunications network and services and to protect other users.
* When Web visitors access our Web sites we automatically receive certain "Web usage"
information. For example, our Web servers automatically collect the visitor's IP address, the
visitor's Web browser and operating system types, and the identity of the Web page from which
the visitor's browser entered our Web site.
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that a Web server sends to your computer when you visit a Web site. Cookies can contain a variety of information, such as a simple count of how often you visit a Web site or information that allows us to customize our Web site for your use. Web beacons (also known as "clear gifs" or "one-pixel gifs") are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that allow us to monitor the activity on our Web sites or to make cookies more effective.
* You can configure your Web browser to alert you when a Web site is attempting to send a cookie to your computer and allow you to accept or refuse the cookie. You can also set your browser to disable the capacity to receive cookies or you can delete cookies previously accepted. Some IonEarth Web pages (and other Web pages) may not work correctly if you have cookies disabled. * We periodically send customers news and updates via e-mail regarding IonEarth-offered services, products, and special bulletins.
* We do not provide your e-mail address to third parties for the marketing of third-party products without your consent.
* IonEarth Web sites are not designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not target children for the collection of information online and do not knowingly collect personal identifying information from anyone under the age of 18.
* Ordering online products and services from IonEarth is limited to adults (age 18 or over or as otherwise legally defined).
* We comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13.
* All IonEarth employees are subject to the IonEarth Code of Business Conduct and certain
state-mandated codes of conduct. The IonEarth Code requires all our employees to follow every
law, rule, regulation, court and/or commission order that applies to our business at all times. In
addition, the Code specifically requires compliance with legal requirements and company policies
related to the privacy of communications and the security and privacy of customer records.
Employees who fail to meet any of the standards embodied in the Code of Business Conduct
may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
* We employ security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data, including personal identifying information. We have implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal identifying information, and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
* If we determine that a security breach has occurred and that such breach creates a risk of identity theft or service disruption, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you.
* If we intend, however, to use personal identifying information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will attempt to notify you at least 30 days in advance using an address or e-mail address, if you have provided one, and by posting a prominent notice on our Web sites, and you will be given a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner.
* IonEarth honors requests from customers and Web visitors to review their personal identifying
information that we maintain in reasonably retrievable form and we will gladly correct any such
information that is inaccurate. You may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
Please contact an IonEarth service representative.
* If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us at: 2397 Traversefield Drive, Traverse City, MI 49686 or via phone at (231)-935-1585.